The Food Pho

[the food] pho (fuh) or (fō)

1. pho·tog-ra-pher (fuh-tog-ruh-fer)
n. a person who takes photographs of yummy food
2. noo·dle lov·er (no̅o̅d′l luhv-er)
n. a person who has a strong enjoyment or liking to a narrow, ribbon-like strip of dried dough, typically made of flour, eggs, and water eaten with a sauce or in a soup

3. foe (fō)
n. perception by impatient persons reserved from immediate consumption resulting from visual food documentation

Hi, *raises hand*, I'm Jeanne - pronounced like genie and...


I am addicted to good food (hi Jeanne!) and enjoy it especially in the company of other foodies.  I love anything fried and if it comes with an aioli, even better!  I discovered my love of tapas in Spain & the tasty simplicity of Mediterranean food in Greece, so I am lucky to live in NYC where it’s one of the best cities to feed the crave when I’m looking for a diverse selection.  There aren’t too many cuisines my palate can’t handle.  I like almost everything from Italian, Mexican, Spanish (tapas!), Greek, Asian (Chinese, Korean, Japanese, Malaysian, Thai, Vietnamese… and yes there IS a difference!), BBQ, Peruvian, and of course a good ol’ burger and fries, classic American.  I have a love affair with noodles of all kind; from spaghetti & linguine to ramen, chow fun and lo mein.  Although I love to eat, I’m not an adept cook.  While my fridge and culinary skills may be minimal, my pantry will be stocked with tabasco, sriracha, chili oil and assortments of random spicy sauces. Whenever I have a tasty meal & find a good restaurant, I like to share my experience with other foodies.  I’ve been told that I am “passionate, very excited” and “extremely detailed” when describing my appetizing escapades, whether it’s about a full course meal during Restaurant Week or street eats from the food truck around the corner.  There are no short answers when it comes to discussing food.  I don’t just talk about food; I react & relive the experience of eating it and elaborate on the details of each dish, from the drink to the appetizer, to the dessert and the décor of the place.  As the food documenter/photographer in our foodie group of friends, I like to snap photos of our food before the forks furiously fly for a devouring devastation.  Hopefully I can share my food experience on all the great (or not so great) things I’ve eaten along the way so that you may think – hey, maybe I should try that dish too! Nom nom nom.




Happy Noshing, Jeanne

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wood & Spice, Everything's Nice and Juicy!

Diggy Diggy!

West Coast Eats: Pacific & Atlantic Oysters Step Up to the Plate