East Village Re-visits... Take 2! (Chapter 2 of 2)


RESTAURANT:  La Cerveceria
DATE: July 15th, 2014
LOCATION: 65 2nd Ave (b/w 3rd & 4th Street)


I just have a certain love for tapas, even though it racks up the bill with ordering so many tasty plates.  Luckily I had a voucher so I was able to take advantage of their extensive menu.  I can't judge how true to the Peruvian cuisine this was, but I enjoyed several tapas here. 

 


Both times I've been here, it wasn't packed mainly because the first time was a Tuesday night and the next time, it rained.  Well, rain is an understatement.  It was pouring something fierce that night and my bestie was over an hour late to our dinner date.  So I kept myself company with a sangria.  Now for those that know me, I'm not as much of a wino or fine drinker as my other Sundry Tomato friends, it's really a waste of a drink to give me a full glass of wine (I know, I'm a bit ashamed to admit that...)  I enjoy the sweet girly drinks, which usually are too expensive for what it's worth and I'd rather allocate my spending towards good food.  But since my friend was running so late and I had to sit at the table to stay dry, warm and comfy from the nasty rain, I ordered a... I can't remember if it was the White Sangria (white wine, agave, fresh peach juice) or the Champagne Sangria, but either way, this drink was deeeeeeelicious and yes, I eventually finished it.  A few plates were hit or miss during my first meal there, but even the misses weren't bad.  The misses were good to try once but maybe I would have preferred a second order of the hits instead. 


Unfortunately, when I went here the first time, back in the Fall of 2013, I forgot my camera (*gasp* I know, right??) so I don't have any photos from that first meal.  So here is a list of the second time I ate here (sometime this past summer):





  • Lobster Guacamole with Plantain Chips
  • Goat Cheese Fritters
  • Fish Tacos
  • Causas Peruvian Potatoes - Mushroom
  • Empanadas







  • I've been to a number of tapas restaurants, some of which I highly favor... so the tapas at La Cerveceria were not as superbly memorable.  But taking the comparative out of the equation, the food at this cozy, intimate venue is still solid and fair.  Both times I've been here, I had a pleasant dinner. 

    Bottom Line: Everything is pleasant and enjoyable.  Overall, this place is a great spot for good food, good drinks and good company. (Even more enjoyable if you can snatch up a discount from Living Social, Groupon, Yelp, etc .)

    Happy Noshing, Jeanne

    Comments

    Popular posts from this blog

    Wood & Spice, Everything's Nice and Juicy!

    Diggy Diggy!

    West Coast Eats: Pacific & Atlantic Oysters Step Up to the Plate