E is for Eating



It's also stands for Estha Fiesta

Hi everyone! I'm super excited to get this blog up and running, and I wanted to start by introducing myself, so here I go...
I was born and raised in Queens, NY and grew up in a Colombian household, so right off the bat I love rice and beans, right? WRONG...just kidding I absolutely love rice and beans and plantains too! As a kid my Sunday dinners typically involved a drive into Jackson Heights for plato montañero at our favorite family restaurant Pequeña Colombia. But you could tell my family was really embracing a New York life-style when our Sunday dinner alternative became Chinese take-out. Chicken and broccoli (with the stems cut off because as a kid those are gross) was my gateway meal for all Asian food, both authentic and Americanized.

Eventually, having friends with varying cultural backgrounds really inspired me to be more gastronomically adventurous. I'll be honest; I do tend to gravitate to "safe" foods, the foods I know I'll like instead of the ones I've never tried. So much so that my boyfriend and my best friend can pick out my meals at a restaurant before I've even looked at the menu. I know... I know that's a Foodie Fail! On the bright side, I enjoy trying a spoonful of everyone else's meal, so I'll make a promise to everyone right now: At the May edition F.A.T. dinner, I will let Vivian pick out a meal for me that I wouldn't normally pick for myself, then I'll tell everyone how much I regretted it because it didn't have guacamole on it!!!! I'm joking; I bet it's going to be great. Here's to trying something new! My daily eating habits resemble that of a squirrel wearing expandable pants with pockets. What the heck does that mean?! It means that I finish all the last bites on tapas night, and I keep Tupperware at my office desk so that I can forage for free food and eat it when the tumblie rumblies start up. I fondly reminisce about public school lunches, (especially the beef macaroni). My taste in food has certainly expanded to include adult foods, but there's always a special place in my heart, and stomach, for a PB & J.

My flavor profile:

YAY: peanut butter, avocados, cilantro, taco tuesdays, chicken and rice, chocolatecroissants, most fruits, and rice, beans and sweet plantains

NAY: pickles, coconut flakes, desserts and fruits that are warm, soups that are cold

May your meals be ever in your flavor,
-Estha


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wood & Spice, Everything's Nice and Juicy!

Diggy Diggy!

West Coast Eats: Pacific & Atlantic Oysters Step Up to the Plate