Barbecue served up Steve Ells' style!

RESTAURANT: Mighty Quinn's
DATE: March 3,2014
LOCATION:103 2nd Ave New York, NY 10003

So, I'm on a no-carb diet because... I don't know why...but luckily the bread sucked anyway I stole a nibble from my friend's brisket sandwich bun, upon me complaining that it was bland and hard he said that if the bread was too soft it would not be able to soak up all the brisket juice and BBQ sauce..so there you go I know nothing about bread, except that I like mine soft and with butter. 
In any case, I ordered the single serving of pulled pork, which was tender and juicy almost all the way to the last bite, (my last piece of pig was a tad dry). The BBQ sauce was sweeter than I'd like (but I'm not a BBQ sauce connoisseur, so I don't know if that's normal sweetness) but it wasn't overpowering at all. It was more like really sweet for a second then delicious for the rest of the chew-session. 

The meat came with a side of creamy cole slaw topped with pickled cucumbers. This was excellent because the slaw itself was delicious and not heavy at all and I didn't feel like I was just eating scoops of mayo water. The cucumbers where unimpressive, but no one came here for the cucumbers anyway.  I didn't get any pomme frites in my attempt to stick to my foodie's hell diet, but the delicious aroma that wafted around me was intoxicating!
I also had a tiny taste of the sweet potato casserole. Now, I dislike sweet potatoes but this was so warm and sweet it made me think fondly of thanksgiving! Best thing about Mighty Quinn's: easy, fast (although the lines are long they move pretty quickly), and a cheap way to get pretty good barbecue.


If you want to read more about Mighty Quinn's, check out Jeanne's review here.

May your meals be ever in your flavor,
-Estha

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wood & Spice, Everything's Nice and Juicy!

Diggy Diggy!

West Coast Eats: Pacific & Atlantic Oysters Step Up to the Plate