West Coast Eats: LA Hot Spot for Date Night

DATE: Summer 2015
LOCATION: Katsuya
11777 San Vicente Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90049

Unfortunately, I cannot remember exactly what I ate at Katsuya, a place named to have the Best Sushi in LA. But it's no wonder why Katsuya has been given this title. With a master chef serving up Japanese dishes in a modern, artful and trendy spot, makes it a sought after hot spot with a long wait if you do not have reservations.

Although I may not be able to tell you exactly what I ate here, I can at least show you every tasty morsel I managed to capture from the omakase menu. This chef's tasting menu was totally nosh-worthy and surprisingly filling. That is not to say I didn't wish I had another bite of some of the delicious tastes put in front of me! Whether you are a sushi lover or a basic sushi noob, Katsuya is definitely well worth it and great for date night. 



Bottom Line: Be bold and go for the omakase. The chef's tasting menu really does give you a taste of everything, and in the end is worth it for these bite sized plates. Sit back and enjoy as the kitchen brings you sushi plate after plate of fresh fish. But if you prefer to do a la carte, don't hold back and order whatever catches your eye, it'll definitely please your palate!


Happy Noshing, Jeanne

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wood & Spice, Everything's Nice and Juicy!

Diggy Diggy!

West Coast Eats: Pacific & Atlantic Oysters Step Up to the Plate