Taco Flats is anything but..

DATE: July 2016
LOCATION: Taco Flats
BURNET ROAD ATX

Hey Everyone!

I've finally moved down to Austin permanently and basically I'm a New Yorker pretending to be an Austinite
I live down the road from a place called Taco Flats that the boy and I have been eyeing for a while. For some reason I just wasn't all that excited about the menu because I thought Torchy's was it for me. But he kept insisting and so I finally gave in and we stopped by for brunch. And I don't want to say he was right, but he certainly wasn't WRONG. 

So here's what I had:

Black & Green grilled jack cheese, refried black beans, scrambled eggs, guacamole, grilled onion  and  Mister Popeye spinach, fried egg, pico de gallo, avocado 

At first glance the black and green looks a little bit like diaper contents, but I assure you, what this really is, is a Mexican grilled cheese!  That little bit there you see that looks like a pancake sorta, that's melty crispy cheese! This tasted so dang delicious! 

The Popeye was clearly my attempt at being healthy, and I am so glad I went with it. The fried egg with its runny yolk mixed so well with the little cup of magical green sauce that came with the taco. And the spinach was raw, which was unusual but I really enjoyed it and I get points for sneaking vegetables into my meals! scooore!

protein + greens = i'm on a diet, right?

Must. Go. Back! and try them all!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wood & Spice, Everything's Nice and Juicy!

Diggy Diggy!

West Coast Eats: Pacific & Atlantic Oysters Step Up to the Plate