Three little eggs jumping in the bed*

RESTAURANT: Andanada
DATE: June 1, 2014
LOCATION: 141 W 69th St, New York, NY 10023

*The bed is made out of home fries though, so don't worry I don't throw food in my own bed, because that's gross. 

I was half sick this day, but my stomach was asking me for nourishment, and I'd already rescheduled this bestie brunch twice, so I HAD to leave my apartment and meet Vivian for a UWS eat session. Luckily it was a super sunny day and the air did me good. The place is called Andanada, and it’s a Spanish restaurant. They seated us "outside." It’s not outside, it’s in a little adjacent green house. We got a table in the corner and it was shady enough that I didn't melt away. Vivian picked out what I was going to order and since I couldn't make a case for something else on the menu, I accepted her choice. Huevos Rotos with chorizo. Huevos rotos means broken eggs, meaning that I can break the egg yolks so that the warm sunny goop covers the home fries that are piled up underneath.  It came with a little side salad which made me feel better about all the carbs and cholesterol I was happily ingesting. In the corner of this picture you can see some Serrano ham and manchego cheese, which as you know from a previous post I love. I intend to add more cured meats to my diet; I just need to motivate myself to visit the cheese shop.

Three eggs seemed pretty generous, and the chorizo was good, but not best I've had. I do wish the potatoes had been slightly more seasoned because I kind of wanted ketchup and realized I probably wouldn't want ketchup if they had a touch more flavor.  Or maybe I just really like ketchup.

I ended this classy meal by looking for a Mr. Softee truck outside and having an overpriced childhood favorite.  The rest of the afternoon was spent looking at furniture stores, where I discovered a true love for mid-century furniture. But alas that is a story for a different kind of blog.



cheerio!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wood & Spice, Everything's Nice and Juicy!

Diggy Diggy!

West Coast Eats: Pacific & Atlantic Oysters Step Up to the Plate